Unable to login to Admin - Need to Deactivate Plugin

We activated a Recaptcha without key by mistake and cannot login to admin because of it.

How can we get in a deactivate plugin to be able to log in?

Hi @mbro! You should be able to open up your site shell, and then use the command wp plugin deactivate PLUGINNAME

1 Like

Just like this? wp plugin deactivate “Plugin Name”

Yep! I worked up a screenshot for you. Make sure you Start your site first in the upper right-hand corner of the app. Image 2022-10-19 at 2.50.30 PM

Awesome, really appreciate it!

1 Like

This is the message I received.

Hi @mbro - can you share a copy of your local log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Sure. Here you go.

local-logs.zip (35.4 KB)

Is there a way to get to the "Wp-config.php’ from Filezilla? I can’t seem to find it.

Hi @mbro this screenshot is from Transmit, but this is an example breakdown to getting to your wp-config.php file. Image 2022-11-11 at 3.49.24 PM

That file does not seem to be there, perhaps that is wherein lies the other issues. I am also getting this new error. They are probably related.

wp-config

@mbro was this a site you built in Local or did you import it from another host or application?

It’s local on my windows pc and imported from Green Geeks hosting.

Anything I can do?

Hi @mbro - catching up on the thread here.

What tool/plugin did you use to import the site? I’m wondering if your site was missing files like you mentioned. Here are some logs that were interesting in that log file you shared.

{“thread”:“main”,“class”:“Process”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“Sat Nov 5 10:16:14 2022 (14468): Fatal Error Unable to open base address file”,“timestamp”:“2022-11-05T14:16:14.978Z”}
{“thread”:“main”,“class”:“Process”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“Sat Nov 5 10:16:15 2022 (22188): Fatal Error Unable to open base address file”,“timestamp”:“2022-11-05T14:16:15.642Z”}
{“thread”:“main”,“class”:“Process”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“Sat Nov 5 10:16:16 2022 (14780): Fatal Error Unable to open base address file”,“timestamp”:“2022-11-05T14:16:16.288Z”}

It almost seems like a permissions issue, like Local did the import and didn’t have permissions to add files in the right place. Is there any firewall/security tooling that may have prevented Local from completing the import?

Just exported from Green Geeks and then imported directly into Local.

I use Norton on my pc.

Hi @mbro -

Does your exported version of the site from Green Geeks have the wp-config.php file in it?

Sam

No. I could not find it - which of course is weird.

Hi @mbro -

Definitely weird.

Can you start with the default wp-config.php file and add that in?

Or perhaps reach out to Green Geeks and ask how to include that file in your export?

That file is pretty critical for connecting to the database among other things and without it, I imagine lots of things would go wrong.

Thanks!

Sam

So even though this build is local on my computer, that should have been in the imported files right?

Hi @mbro -

The wp-config.php file should definitely have been in your WordPress site export from Green Geeks, yes. It lives in the root directory.

Sam