Cannot Set Local Routing to SSL in Local-Based Site

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I have run into a problem in Local trying to use SSL local routing. I had set up the local site originally to route in this way and this worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, I also had another piece of software running that might have caused a conflict. I was using XAMPP on localhost for another project.

When I attempted to open the site on Local, I got a message that there was a conflict in ports and I could optionally run on localhost. Without giving it a thought, I agreed to the localhost routing (not recommended, I know) and after shutting down the other XAMPP-based application, I have been unable to reset the Local-based site to SSL local routing.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

1. Set up a site on Local software and choose local SSL routing.
  2. Stop that site.
  3. Start up XAMPP.
  4. Load Local-based site again.
  5. Accept localhost routing when presented with error message.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 7.2.1+6433

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Mac OS Ventura v13.5.2

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
logs.zip (73.6 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

@RLHieger

Using Local and XAMPP at the same time could get problematic as they will tend to run into port conflicts. You might have to manually go in and kill processes to free up ports if things aren’t working properly.

More details about troubleshooting this on the article here:

If I’m misunderstanding the current issue or if you have any other lingering problems feel free to update here and we’ll look further!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.