Can't access website (new install; new user)

I installed local (5.7.4+4786) and created a new website. When I click on “Admin” or “View Site”, I get the same error message in my browser:
“<���ÿjHost ‘::1’ is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server”

My browser is Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit).

The URL’s showing in Firefox are:
http://localhost:10003/?cache-buster=1427
http://localhost:10003/wp-admin/?cache-buster=1147

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks!

If no one has any suggestion on how to deal with this, can someone direct me to troubleshooting guides? I haven’t found anything to help me figure out why it is not connecting to the MySQL server, or how to fix it.

Hey @shori

That’s definitely an odd error message!

Can you give a little more detail about this set up?

• What Operating System and OS version is being used?
  • Can you please provide your Local Log? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
  • If you try creating another site, does this happen again?

One thing that stands out to me is that those special characters in the error don’t seem like they should be there. Are you running windows and does your username have any special characters in it?

I ask because there’s an existing bug related to that sort of situation:

Hi, ben. Thanks for the response.

Before I answer your questions, I want to state that I tried one more time today to load it… and, it worked! However, I am going to answer your questions in case it helps with some debugging.

I am on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. The browser I am using is Firefox 81.0 (It looks like it just updated, so perhaps that has some bearing).

I did create a couple other test sites, and they seemed to work fine. The one that I was planning to use for actual development and taking live was the one that didn’t work. (I wanted to continue using it, since it had the name of my domain.) I tried to delete it, but could not determine how to do that.

There are no special characters in my user name.

I did not post the log, since it seems to be working. However, if it might be valuable for debugging, etc., I’m happy to forward it, or post it.

Thanks!

I’m glad everything is working!

Happy dev’ing!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.