Can't get Local to connect to router- weird behaviour

Have yet to see it work. Have used Geek Uninstaller to remove & reinstall. I tried loading all to C: and then loading all to D: (my preference). Either way, I get the old, “local router having trouble starting.”

So, I changed that in preferences to the other option, closed Local, reopened, still won’t connect (same error).

I have only Win Security, which I clicked to allow Local through. Installed Local for “all users”.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Uninstalled, reinstalled same thing or worse.

Replication

Now, I uninstalled/reinstalled Local & am stuck at, “Starting up site services” (never ends).

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10 Home
  • Attach the Local Log.
    There are no logs in any location. Now what?

Happy for a superior member to have a look. I’ve tried everything so far and I just cannot get it to work?

PS: also ran sfc /scannow, just in case. Nothing wrong.

Hey @TThompson, welcome to the forums!

Does this mean you changed the “Router Mode” to localhost? That seems odd that you would get an error of “Local Router having trouble starting” since Local shouldn’t be trying to start the Router when localhost is set.

Do you have a screenshot of the error you are seeing so that we can get a little more context about where things are breaking down?

I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling and NOT using my actual WP email and NOT altering the install location and it worked.

No idea what happened as I had tried twice using the above (as per Ferdie K on YT).

Nice! I’m glad you got it working! If I were to guess, it’s likely that the re-installing along with using the default location got things working since the Local Router’s folder permissions didn’t need to be updated.

I accepted the unacceptable. I should be able to install where I want to, but I’m only doing some editing and will upload and then uninstall Local.

It shouldn’t be this hard. I’m thinking that the spectrum people who plan this stuff should test it on the lower-end “norms” as most of it is NOT intuitive. This, coming from someone who has been diagnosed as autistic.

Sorry to hear that Local wasn’t intuitive enough for your workflow! I understand that installing software anywhere you like is important, but there are some challenges with bringing server software to the desktop and in some cases some limitation with what can be done directly under Windows.

We’re always looking to improve Local, so if you have other pieces of feedback for how Local can be improved, we’d love to hear about it!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.