Started using local, got stuck at startup

Issue Summary

Tried to create my first site using local, but its stuck at startup.
I don’t know what to do.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    I can’t create my first site let alone multiple.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    The newest.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    -Windows 10 Professional

• Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Hi @noobG,

Which directory are you creating the new site in? I’ve found in the past that if you are pointing to your desktop or a cloud server (i.e. OneDrive) the process will cease to complete. It is important to ensure you are point to the local C: directory on your HDD.

I hope this helps.

Nope, tried everything and it’s the same except now it’s telling me “local’s router is having trouble starting” i hope there’s a solution, otherwise back to bitnami :confused:

Hi @noobG,

Is it possible this could be a solution? https://superuser.com/questions/1377068/how-do-i-disable-the-iis-server-on-windows-10-and-free-up-port-80

Based on the response provided here Local router is having trouble starting

It was already disabled, so i guess no.
But thanks for the effort Matt! :slight_smile:

Hi @noobG,

Sorry I can’t be more help. Unfortunately I’m running everything on macOS so I don’t have access to Windows 10. Here is another recently updated thread… This person was also have issues with Windows 10 so it’s possible it could be a permissions thing. "Heads-up! Local's router is having trouble starting" on windows 10

If this doesn’t work for you I’m all out of ideas!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.