Database error since 3.0.4

Just updated to 3.0.4 after a lot of work I really don’t want to lose. It is only on one site though.
[Admin] says error establishing to database.
Database adminer says “no such file or directory”
SSH says Error: Error establishing a database connection. This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Locals Log says
Jan 22, 2019, 3:51 PM GMT+1 - warn: [main/SiteModel] wpInstalled not returning “installed”
{ message: ‘’,
stack:
‘Error\n at C:\Users\pat\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\main\actions-sites\wait-for-mysql.js:1:2853\n at Generator.next ()\n at _0x5bab70 (C:\Users\pat\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\main\actions-sites\wait-for-mysql.js:1:1645)\n at C:\Users\pat\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\main\actions-sites\wait-for-mysql.js:1:1904\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)’ }

Stop site says MySQL was nor available…

After the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.4 I’m seeing the exact same error and I’m not sure how to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No help here I guess. I have the local sites folder syncing to dropbox but I can’t see what I need to revert. Where is the database in the file system? Does the sql folder build it every startup? This error seems systematic since it can’t even find the database.

I have to get into the habit of backing up every time I login to a site I guess. It all seems a bit flaky; the purpose of working offline is to avoid unreliable connection but this isn’t the frst time I’ve lost a site.

Im so sick of wordpress and using local at first seemed so nice but it is none stop headaches

1 Like

I’m sure this won’t be the case for everyone, but I was able to get mine to work by simply restarting Local. I hope that’s helpful.

1 Like

Quite, done that a lot but the database just isn’t loading at all.

Almost a week since this question was posted, and not a single ‘support’ person answering. To me it’s clear: LbF support does not exist.

Would you trust Flywheel’s hosting service when they give no support whatsoever to a ‘tool’ like LbF that should attract potential customers for their core business, hosting?

I don’t.

1 Like

I’ve been using Local for months and it has been working smooth up until today, my browser displayed an error message saying “Error establishing a database connection”. I’ve tried reaching out to support but they just told me to submit an article to their forum which I see a lot of people have already done and it’s been no help.

Does anybody know a way to transfer my work to another hosting service? I don’t really care about Local no more, I just wanna save my work.

2 Likes