Efficient Collaboration with LocalWP across Multiple Mac-PC Devices

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Subject: How to work with WordPress applications locally on Mac

Hi support team,

Happy New Year!
I would like to know how to work with my local WordPress applications on my desktop and laptop Mac mini.

Specifically, I would like to be able to access the same applications and data from both devices, without having to manually copy or sync them.

Could you provide me with any information or guidance on how to do this?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:
    Last version.

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Apple M1 Mac Mini
    OS MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @ivansea

There isn’t really a simple way to go about this. Your best bet would be to download and install Local on both devices and then utilize our Cloud Backups add-on. That way you could back up a site on one device and then pull it down to another device. Each time you do work on it you’ll need to back it up and reimport it.

Cloud Backups

Okay, thanks for support.

kind regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.