Error could not load sites

Issue Summary

One or two sentence summary of the issue.

The app fails to list created sited with a JSON parse error.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

All sites

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes, site is created by cannot see it or any other in the sites list.

Replication

Simply installed, had older versions previously that I removed. See attached image

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

Hey @fitzmode, Thanks for reporting this!

I was able to zero in on the underlying issue while working through this related topic:

I think that the problem is that something is already listening on port 4000 and Local isn’t handling that well. Since the problem is the same, you’ll have one of two options:

1. Downgrade to Local 5.9.3
  2. Find whatever is listening on port 4000 and kill it.

Note that for #2, you might be actually using whatever is on port 4000, so be careful with what processes you are killing!

Since you’re on Mac instead of Windows, you’ll need slightly different commands than what’s in the other thread. Can you try:

sudo lsof -i:4000; sudo lsof -tnP -i:4000 | xargs -n 1 ps -p

This should give you what’s listening on port 4000 as well as provide you with the process id that you can use to kill whatever is listening on that port. To help visualize, here’s a screenshot:

Can you give that a shot and let me know if that gets you working again?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.