"Error: Local was unable to import the following SQL files:"

I’ve been trying to import my site into Local with a copy of my site that I manually backed up to my computer. However, I keep getting an error saying Local has been unable to import my sql file.

I’ve tried different variations of organizing my zip folder but it has not worked. I’ve tried looking through the forums for similar issues but I haven’t been able to find much.

Any and all resources/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I’m using Windows 10 Education
Local version 6.4.2+6012

local-lightning.log (16.1 KB)

Hi there, @elizabeth - welcome to the Local community!

Have you tried exporting your site through BackWPup or a similar plugin?

That would ensure Local is getting the files it needs to import the site properly. If you have access to the site are you able to try that?

Thanks!

Sam

I am having the same issue, now I can’t access the site and I can’t import it as well.

Can’t find the SQL folder

Me too - backing up via BackWPup. elementor based site / watch the tutorial video about downloading site and setting up locally and getting this error message. Would appreciate any pointers! Thanks

Hello @blowpipes - welcome to the Local community! :wave:

The backup zip from BackWPup - does it contain a sql file?

This help doc describes How to Import a Site into Local. You need a wp-content folder and a sql database dump:

Let me know if that helps!

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.