Error when I'm installing Divi Theme

When I upload the divi theme to wordpress using localwp I get an error “500 Internal Server Error” how can I fix it? By the way I want to know if LocalWP has a good performance with divi theme…

Hello there @Rincat -

Can you provide a little more information about your Local setup?

What are you site settings?

Do you have any other plugins or themes on this site already?

Thank you!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

Hi @sambrockway , how are u?

Of course! Let’s go:

It was a test-only installation using localwp, so there’s nothing installed, I just installed wordpress, updated it all and tried to upload the Divi theme and I got this error message. Here are some screenshots of my screen

If you have any more information you need just tell me, some log or something just let me know where I get it and I’ll send it to you, ok? Thank you very much! I’m update to Local 6.4.1 but the problems not solve…

Hi there @Rincat,

Thanks so much for all of the extra information and context.

You may want to try to enable WP debugging by adding:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

to the wp-config.php file.

Here’s more information about WordPress debugging:

WordPress.org Forums – 4 Nov 18

Debugging in WordPress

Debugging PHP code is part of any project, but WordPress comes with specific debug systems designed to simplify the process as well as standardize code across the core, plugins and themes. This pag…

Once enabled, you may be able to see errors & notices that can help isolate the issue.

Let me know if that helps!

:woman_technologist:t3: Sam

I activated WP-Debug following your recommendation, restarted the site through localwp but it didn’t generate any log in the default path (I didn’t change the path, I left it default), I checked the browser console to see the problems that appeared, then it showed some (I’ll go send by prints). If I manually copy the files directly into the folder (using windows explorer) I can upload the theme normally, what could it be? Any blocking on .zip files? But shouldn’t this be released by default since wordpress works a lot with this file format?

I know this was months ago, but I thought I’d update the thread with my thoughts about the issue.
Mainly because I hit exactly the same problem when trying to install Divi.
And I think for the same reason, so here’s my two cents worth.
From the screenshots it looks like Rincat was clicking on the Install Plugin option - and it should be Install Theme (also in the dashboard menu on the left).

i walked exactly the same path… hope this helps the next person who falls into that trap.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.