"Fix it!" messed up the internal links in my site

What issue or error are you experiencing?

After updating Local I got a message saying "Warning! This site’s WordPress URL settings do not match the host set in Local. ((Fix it))

I pressed fix it and suddenly all links to (portfolio) posts give a 404 error. All links seem to be correct though.

also the local url changed from [site-name].local to localhost:[5 digit number]

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Every site I haven’t opened gives the same error message

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

MacOS 12.6.3

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

I just opened the site again and everything works again. I am not sure what happened here.

Hi @iLex

also the local url changed from [site-name].local to localhost:[5 digit number]

It sounds like your Router Mode got changed and that caused a mismatch with URLs. Under Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode if you change this to LocalHost it will change your domain names to localhost:12345 but if you use Site Domains mode it will be domain.local.

More details on this below:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.