Green icon is active for stopped site

Bug Summary

When we activate a site to “start”, sometimes in the sidebar, I see a website randomly running while it’s actually NOT running and I did not touch it. And when I click on it, the site is not even active.

Steps to reproduce

I open Local and go to a website title or create a new one and start the site. Then the last site that was open appears to be active in the sidebar.

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• What Operating System are you using? MacOS 13.4.1 (22F82)
  • What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used? N/A but Nginx
  • What version of Local is installed? 7.0.2+6395

Supporting info

Please provide your Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

local-logs1.zip (108.7 KB)

Include any screenshots or video recordings of the issue to help others reproduce.

Screenshot of when I go to one website that is inactive but “green”

This is a known issue, with listed fixes:

Yes, this has been known for at least 6 months. I have tried the few purported “fixes” and they do not help the issue on my MBP M1, MacOS Monterey. And the most concerning part is the inconsistency with the issue; sometimes clicking “Stop All” does clear any/all sites marked as “running,” but not always. And I once had 3 sites marked “running” but only 1 was actually; clicking “Stop All” at that instance stopped 1 of the 3.

Thanks for sending this to me. I will see if that fixes the issue. Though it could come back again!

Actually, I just found this link in that thread: Local UI Showing Websites in a "Start" State Incorrectly - macOS - #23 by sambrockway

As an update to everyone,

A fix for this issue is merged and is waiting for release as the Local engineering does some internal testing.

It should be out to users next week! :crossed_fingers:

In the meantime, it is expected that sites can still get into this state so please use the steps mentioned above.

Thank you,

Sam

2 days ago. Hopefully we get this fixed soon!

1 Like

HI @webconsultant247 -

Was just about to send you there!

I’ll go ahead and merge your original thread into that topic and close this one so we can keep conversations about the bug all in one place.

Thank you!

Sam

A post was merged into an existing topic: Local UI Showing Websites in a “Start” State Incorrectly - macOS