Help Site can not be reached

Here is the error … any tips on how to fix?
I moved my “Sites” folder to another SSD so I gave the SSD the same name as the old one. unfortunately , the very site that is the most important is the one showing the following error

The other non-essential versions sites are fine This is the error I am hoping someone knows where and how to fix

TypeError: Cannot read property 'version' of undefined

Stack Trace:

in Unknown

in x

in ul

in c

in div

in div

in Unknown

in E

in E

in e

in o

in Unknown

in e

in div

in o

in n

in div

in c

in e

in o

in Unknown

in e

in l

in div

in v

in Unknown

in e

in o

in Unknown

in e

in I

in t

in MobXProvider

in Unknown
  • Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? One in particular

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?Yes

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Mac OS Monterey
    Log File says :slight_smile:

{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/addons/@getflywheel-local-addon-broken-link-checker/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.538Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","message":"Add-on not enabled: @getflywheel/local-addon-headless","level":"info","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.540Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/addons/@getflywheel-local-addon-image-optimizer/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.541Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/addons/@getflywheel-local-addon-image-optimizer/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.631Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/addons/@getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.632Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/addons/@getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.656Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","message":"Add-on not enabled: local-addon-xdebug-vscode","level":"info","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.657Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","message":"Add-on not enabled: local-tableplus","level":"info","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.658Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+16/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.659Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+16/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.684Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/lightning-services/php-8.0.0+2/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.685Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%userDataPath%%/lightning-services/php-8.0.0+2/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.710Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/mailhog-1.0.0+3/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.710Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/mailhog-1.0.0+3/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.712Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/mariadb-10.4.10+4/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.712Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/mariadb-10.4.10+4/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.737Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+6/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.738Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+6/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.762Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/nginx-1.16.0+5/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.763Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/nginx-1.16.0+5/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.787Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Loading Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/php-7.3.5+11/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.788Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonLoaderService","level":"info","message":"Successfully Loaded Add-on: %%resourcesPath%%/lightning-services/php-7.3.5+11/lib/main.js","timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:26.811Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"ErrorHandlerService","error":{},"info":{"info":{"componentStack":"\n    in Unknown\n    in x\n    in ul\n    in c\n    in div\n    in div\n    in Unknown\n    in E\n    in E\n    in e\n    in o\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in div\n    in o\n    in n\n    in div\n    in c\n    in e\n    in o\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in l\n    in div\n    in v\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in o\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in I\n    in t\n    in MobXProvider\n    in Unknown"}},"level":"error","message":{},"timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:35.122Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"ErrorHandlerService","error":{},"info":{"info":{"componentStack":"\n    in Unknown\n    in x\n    in ul\n    in c\n    in div\n    in div\n    in Unknown\n    in E\n    in E\n    in e\n    in o\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in div\n    in o\n    in n\n    in div\n    in c\n    in e\n    in o\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in l\n    in div\n    in v\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in o\n    in Unknown\n    in e\n    in I\n    in t\n    in MobXProvider\n    in Unknown"}},"level":"error","message":{},"timestamp":"2021-11-21T19:29:36.222Z"}

Basically that error means that Local can’t find the specific site that it’s looking for.

You mentioned moving the sites folder to another SSD – that usually doesn’t work with Local because of how the actual “run” folders (the raw database and other configuration files) are linked.

I think you’ll likely need to try restoring the site to a new one in Local. You can use a backup of the site, or try using the files for the site by following the steps outlined in the “Restoring From Only Local Site files” section of this help doc:

Thank you so much for the response
All of the other sites in the /Sites directory were able to be accessed without a problem, AFTER I changed the name and folder structure of the new ssd to match the old ssd. There was just the SSD name and Sites at the top level. Only the ONE site I was working on gave me this trouble( are there hidden files that may cause the issue?)

Would be nice to be able to relocate the /Sites directory especially when travelling with my laptop !

I will try reattaching the old SSD ( both new and Old are externals SSD’s connected by USB ) and see if that solves the issue
May I ask if there are any /Preferences or /Library /System ?Application Support files on my Mac Monterey OS boot HD that may be in play here as well?

Thanks again
Using Local instead of MAMP. just for the ease of it

Well that is odd! The only thing then that comes to mind is perhaps there was an issue with something not being fully stopped before moving the folder.

Local stores things in a few places. The uninstall document is probably the best resource for seeing where these are located, but as a summary those locations are:

• ~/Local Sites/ - Default location of the WP site files.
  • /Applications/Local - The default location of the files for the Local app, for example, all the code needed to run the GUI part of Local
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Local - The config folder. Contains user settings as well as things like the “run” folder which is basically where things like the raw database files are located.

I ran into one problem but was able to fix it
Maybe this will help others
I returned to using the original SSD and zipped and dragged the problem directory into Local
Local asked for a new site name but failed to “Make dir”. ( could be a OS 12 permissions restriction on the application
So I created the directory name in the finder and then specified the same name to Local
Local, thank goodness went ahead and recognized the already made directory, wrote to it and the site was restored
Pretty easy and saved me a lot of time
Nice!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.