How do I set up a testing server with Dreamweaver CC on a Mac to edit Wordpress .php template files?

I’m having trouble setting up local testing server with dreamweaver cc on a mac to edit php files. Does anyone have any success with this? I keep getting the message ‘Dynamically related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server’

I have successfully set up and working with Wordpress sites.
I need to make some edits to .php files to adjust templates.

Local version 5.10.3+5332
Mac mojave 10.14.6 (18G8022)
Adobe Dreamweaver 21.1

Hey @lakshmila!

I’ve never done this with Dreamweaver CC, but looking at that error, what settings do you have set for Server Folder and Web URL?

My guess is that those just need to be updated to use the values that are within Local. Since Local is creating sites directly on your machine, you can always just open those files directly by navigating to the site folder, which by default is at

~/Local Sites/site-name/app/public

Hi, I’m also trying to set up an testing server in Dreamweaver for my WordPress page, but don’t have any success yet. Get the error ‘Dynamically related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server’ and have tried many different settings (used Wamp without any problems some years ago, now I’m testing Local). I have tried Googling but it’s a bit difficult to find good answers because of the name of this program :see_no_evil: .

Did this work in the end or do anyone have an solution to how you can correctly set tis up?

If relevant:
I have the newest Local, Dreamweaver, Wordpress and use pc.

Hope someone can help med solve this. It’s so much easer creating an new WP template if this is working :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.