How to increase the php memory limit beyond 256M

Hi, how can I increase the php memory limit on loacalwp, windows 10? I find the wp-config file but it doesn’t allow me to edit because nothing is showing up. Thanks to all for your help

You can edit this in the php.ini.hbs file within the site’s conf/php/ directory. You’ll find an entry for memory_limit (about line 12) – change that from 256M to 384M, for example. You will need to stop and start the site for the change to take effect. You can confirm the setting increase by looking at Tools / Site Health /Server tab in the WP admin.

1 Like

Hi Burt, the problem is when I open the wp-config.php file nothing shows up

I go site folder, app, public, wp-config.php(but this file is empty)

Are you opening the wp-config.php file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad), and it’s empty? If that’s the case then you may have a bigger issue, in which case, I’d suggest attaching your log file to this topic per the instructions when you opened your topic (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log) so that they can be reviewed.

Hi @donegalpics! As @burt pointed out you need to open this file in a text editor (I use Sublime) and then edit the memory value, save it, and restart your site so it can compile the change. Details at the bottom of our performance guide here:

Thank you @Nick-B :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, I opened in notepad , but there is no line where I can change the memory limit. Any ideas? :slightly_smiling_face:

Found it :smiley:

1 Like