Installation failed in ubuntu 24.04 lts

in ubuntu 24.04 lts i try install local-9.0.1-linux.deb and when i try to install with dkpg its installed but app not open at all and when try install with apt i see this error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
local : Depends: libaio1 but it is not installable
Depends: libncurses5 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Hi @mmansouri86

The information in this thread should be helpful:

@mmansouri86 There is something you can do, this is what worked for me:

First, you need to manually download the libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64 that is a dependency for the libncurses5 package.

You can download it using curl to:

curl -O http://launchpadlibrarian.net/648013231/libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64.deb

install it with dpkg:

sudo dpkg -i libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64.deb

then, download manually the libncurses5_6.4-2_amd64.deb deb package. Can do it with curl too:

curl -O http://launchpadlibrarian.net/648013227/libncurses5_6.4-2_amd64.deb

then install it with dpkg:

sudo dpkg -i libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64.deb

Lastly, download the libaio1 deb package.

curl -O http://launchpadlibrarian.net/646633572/libaio1_0.3.113-4_amd64.deb

and install it:

sudo dpkg -i libaio1_0.3.113-4_amd64.deb 

After this, the warnings about dependencies should disappear.

2 Likes

not work in 24.04 lts

i install libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64.deb, libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64.deb and libaio1_0.3.113-4_amd64.deb and now when i try to install local i see this error and dependency:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of local:
local depends on libncurses5; however:
Package libncurses5 is not installed.
local depends on libnss3-tools; however:
Package libnss3-tools is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package local (–install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) …
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1.1ubuntu3) …
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.27-2build1) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
local

There was an error in my comment, in the libncurses5 installation step. In my comment, libncurses5 was downloaded but the instructions say to install libtinfo.

You have to do this instead.

download the libtinfo5_6.4-2_amd64

curl -O http://launchpadlibrarian.net/648013227/libncurses5_6.4-2_amd64.deb

then install it with dpkg:

sudo dpkg -i libncurses5_6.4-2_amd64.deb

To fix the problem with libnss3-tools, just install it with apt:

sudo apt install libnss3-tools 

This is what worked for me.

Thank you for sharing those details @aldrick!

Hi all.

I have problem with login to webex from ubuntu 24.04. After entering the correct login (mail), instead of entering the password, the application displays a black screen and you can’t log in (screenshot attached). The first login was still successful, but the next one was not. The same behavior is the case with version 43 and 44. I have tried all possibilities, spent a lot of time, but without success. The client under windows and ubuntu 22.04 works correctly.
I have a feeling that cisco is deliberately blocking webex from the new ubuntu 24.04 - which is not yet officially supported and they haven’t confirmed a possible date yet. Does anyone have the same problem on ubuntu 24.04, or does it work just fine?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @vladimiro

I’m a little confused here. Is there a problem with your Local app specifically or a site within Local? Or is this problem just between your OS/Cisco/Webex?

Hi @Nick-B.

I have a problem with the Webex application (installed on Ubuntu 24.04) with which I can’t log in to Webex, because after entering a mail address there is no possibility to enter a password or 2FA and continue logging in. It’s not even a problem with 2FA also, since I turned it off for the test.

I’m still a bit confused here. Are you using some type of Webex application within your Local site built in our Localwp app?

Have you tried contacting Webex support?

I can see why you’re confused :). Somehow I didn’t realize that this portal is about localwp and not purely webex service and client. In my case I have a problem with the native webex client in linux against Cisco. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

No problem @vladimiro - Thank you for clearing that up. I hope you find the answers that you seek :slight_smile: