Load speed of Local is very slow on windows 11... Why and how do i fix it?

Issue Summary

If u try open my local site (hosted on my machine) it takes ages to open, that goes for WP admin as well as the site itself within the browser. Kinda sucks as i have to preview to a client shortly.
I have looked at the other forums and noticed a few people have had the same issue… Dating back to 2017 with the final comment on this issue (from Clay) in 2020. Its now 2022… i am sure that php hack has been sorted or must i still do it?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? I only gave one site running in locAL

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? latest one

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      WINDOWS 11

Hello there @MrMarqua - thank you for bringing your question the Local community!

There has been lots of chatter around Local performance + Windows machines, this thread has several helpful ideas that may increase the speed:

Specifically, in that thread, have you tried renaming the host name? It seems like the term local may in fact be causing performance issues:

Let me know if those things help!

Sam

1 Like

For those of us who aren’t savvy in this - how does one rename the site? It worked fine until recently and now it’s taking AGES to load and timing out now that I have update the WP version. I’m not on Windows 11 and haven’t updated my Windows platform for anything to have changed like this. I’m supposed to get the okay from my bosses next week to go live and now I can barely get this site to run for them to approve.

Please, help!

This is the error code I keep getting when trying to update to the new WP version:
Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in C:\Users_______\app\public\wp-admin\includes\update.php on line 143

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.