Local > 5.6.10 not opening under Windows 10 Pro

I can Confirm WMIC its the problem. But not because its not finding it, its because on Windows 10 PRO, WMIC process returns something that Local don’t like or better to say can’t be parsed. Making the application to not continue execution.

Hey @hackinc2000 – thanks for digging in and I’m sorry to not reply sooner!

Do you have more info on this, like any screenshots or steps you did to diagnose this? I’d love to have more publicly available steps to help with reproducing this!

Hi @ben.turner Thanks for your reply!!! Yes I have more information. But for security reasons and because of the methods used to diagnose this, I would prefer to send You a Private Message with the information if that its ok with You! I try but Messaging to You its disabled!

1 Like

Just dm’d you – looking forward to seeing what you found!

Hey everyone, thanks for your patience with this and thanks to @hackinc2000 for drilling down on the issue and helping with a fix!!!

The Local team is getting this polished up and should release this fix soon!

Just noticed that 5.10.4 dropped, and it had a weird change that simply said:

• Local will now work with Windows 10 Pro!

I guess this thread is behind the change/fix?

Baffling thing, since I have been running Local fine on W10 Pro. 5.10.3 now, and updated separately to just about each version before as they dropped.

I’d imagine the issue is more than just having W10 Pro, must be some configuration thing.

1 Like

Yep! Thanks to @hackinc2000 for pushing this fix forward! :larry_heart:

That’s interesting – the nature of the bug was that Windows was responding with data that Local didn’t expect, and Local wasn’t doing a good job of failing gracefully.

It’s possible that in some part of the configuration of your system, the thing that Windows was responding with made sense to Local and you were able to open Local without any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.