Local 6.7.0 doesn't work as expected

I upgraded today to the latest (6.7.0) version. I can’t get it to work on a new site:

When I go to the tabs in Elementor, nothing responds (Integration, Advanced, Features). Opening a page in Elementor doesn’t work either.

I downgraded to 6.6.1 and … the bug migrated with me. :frowning:
I can open existing sites, but when I create a new site, the above problems remain.

Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

I got it narrowed down to a caching problem. When I open a site in an incognito window, it works.

1 Like

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted @josf! Happy Developing :slight_smile:

I still got one problem left: after upgrading I can’t see one site I’m working on. It’s no longer visible in the dashboard. I compressed then delete the folder. Then I tried to create a new site with the same name.

No go. When I tried to import it, I get the error message: albatross.local is already taken.

It’s not an important site, I’m happy to trash it. But I want to get rid of it completely and the right way. How can I restore or really trash it?

Hi @josf after you delete a site Local tries to update the hosts file immediately. Local will ask for permission, and if you enter your password, then the hosts file is updated to remove the domain of the site you just deleted. However, if you do not follow through and enter your password, Local cannot delete the entry in the hosts file so that domain will stick around. To do this manually you’d have to edit your hosts file.

What is the name and the location of that host file? (Ubuntu)

How to Edit the Hosts File on Ubuntu - Pi My Life Up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.