Local and localhost conflicts

Issue Summary

Local has parked sites on my localhost ports 3000 and 5000 so now when i try and use them for other development tasks I only get the 502 error shown when a site has not been started.

Troubleshooting Questions

I have also been using gulp with browser reload proxing the .local url

System Details

• 5.10.3+5332
  • catalina

Hey @willnjl, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Local doesn’t usually create sites on those ports. What you’re describing sounds like maybe this is related to Local’s instant reload feature. Can you try disabling instant reload and then using your other development tools?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response. I have not been using Local’s instant reload feature. I have been using Gulp Browsersyc. I am wondering if there is something I can change in my /etc/hosts to fix this issue? even when local is not running if i go to localhost:3000 for example… I am ending up at exampleflywheel.local.

Solved:

• Press SHIFT+CTRL+I to open the Google Chrome Developer Tools panel.
  • Go to the Network tab and select the Disable cache checkbox to enable that feature.
  • Type the URL you want to clear from the browser cache in the address bar and press Enter.
  • Click and hold the reload button until a modal window pops up, the select the Empty Cache and Hard Reload hidden option.
  • As soon as the page has been fully reloaded, you can unselect the Disable cache checkbox and disable that feature.

this process fixed the issue for me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.