Release Date: June 12, 2020
Operating Systems: macOS, Windows, and Linux
What’s New in Local Beta 5.6
New Local Pro Features
Live Links Pro
Live Links is one of Local’s most popular features, and we know it doesn’t always work as promised. Live Links relies on ngrok.com’s free tier of service which isn’t designed for WordPress sites. WordPress sites make lots of network requests and load lots of media, and ngrok isn’t optimized for this type of usage.
Live Links solves a huge workflow challenge: quickly sharing progress and gathering feedback from your team. We believe in Live Links so much that we took the last 6 months to build a completely new version of Live Links. This took an incredible amount of infrastructure work, the launch of Local Hub, and work in Local.app to bring it all together. Live Links Pro has the following benefits:
- Too many connections: significantly higher connection limits to share Live Links with the whole team across many devices
- 2x faster with 2x requests
- Persistent urls: mysite.localsite.io
- Secure by default: privacy mode + HTTPS
Get Live Links Pro by upgrading at hub.localwp.com.
MagicSync for WP Engine
- MagicSync intelligently recommends which files to push based on whether or not you’ve edited them.
- Visually review and customize what’s being pushed/pulled
- MagicSync supports WP Engine and Flywheel
- Upgrading to Local Pro is easier than ever with a more seamless signup process powered by hub.localwp.com — no Flywheel account required.
- Local Hub powers Live Links Pro and is a foundational technology to new, upcoming Local features
Broken Link Checker
- Quickly scan your site for broken links and fatal PHP errors
- Check Links runs completely offline and doesn’t expose work-in-progress to the internet
- Fix broken links quickly with direct links to edit posts in admin
- Setting-up SSL for a Local site is easier than ever. We moved the SSL trust button to the Overview tab
- Fixed the site name link target size.
- Fixed issue for Windows users where PHP 5.6 + Apache as a webserver would result in a ‘no file specified’ error.
- Fixed issue for Windows users where MailHog was not intercepting emails.
- Fixed issue where Search & Replace was not working correctly, resulting in broken links on the site when pushing to Flywheel and WP Engine.