Release Date: August 14th, 2020
Operating Systems: macOS, Windows, and Linux
With Local Pro, you can now view your CSS changes without needing to constantly hit ‘refresh’! Toggle ‘Instant Reload’ to enable Instant Reload on a per site basis. This will support both Site Domain and Local Host Routing modes.
Instant Reload also works great with Live Links Pro! Preview your changes without refreshing on other physical devices or with remote cloud-based browser testing services such as BrowserStack.
- Local now removes default plugins after installing WordPress when creating a new site, importing from .zip, and pulling from host.
- You can now check for updates by using Local’s menu rather than needing to open up the About window
- Added an error banner if a WordPress update fails when using Local’s update button
- When importing sites with custom environments Local will honor the custom environment configuration.
- Fixed various UI issues when retrieving a site’s current WordPress version or the latest version
- Fixed issue where the WordPress update button would remain in a disabled state when starting it on one site and navigating to another site
- Fixed issue where certain images/CSS would not properly display over Live Links Pro
- Fixed issue with Local’s logger not including all of the pertinent meta data
- Fixed issue where Local would re-add the default themes/plugins in certain situations such as pulling from WP Engine or Flywheel