Localhost recaptcha

What issue or error are you experiencing?

The site I copied with the duplicator plugin has recaptcha enabled. The site displays ok, but I am unable to log in to the admin site on localhost because recaptcha is enabled. I get the error that localhost is not in the list of domains for this site key. I have tried the solutions from the web to allow local host but the issue persists. I don’t really need recaptcha for my local development. Is there a way to disable it globally? The only workaround I can think of is to disable it before creating the backup. Are there any other solutions?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Solved.
The solution was to rename the recaptcha plug-in under …\app\public\wp-content\plugins

After renaming the recaptcha is gone.

1 Like

Hi @joseoglesby

Glad you were able to get this sorted! I was going to recommend using the Open Site Shell function to do the same. You can use WP-CLI to deactivate, remove or rename plugins in there as well if you’re having trouble getting in.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.