LocalWP and Bluehost

Issue Summary

I am BRAND NEW to WP, and this site, and everything involved. I’m fussing with photo galleries, and the folks over at Bluehost are telling me that I need to use an Add Media button, but I’m not finding one here on LocalWP. What am I doing wrong? They also wanted to know if I was on Classic or some other version? Which AM I on? I’m sorry I’m so clueless.

Hey @Einah, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Local is a tool for managing a WordPress site on your personal machine. Because of this, doing things in Local won’t do anything to a site on Bluehost.

The “Add media” button is likely part of the media manager within WordPress. You can see this by clicking the “Admin” button in Local, logging into the site, and navigating to the “Media” page:

The terms of “Classic” basically just mean a very old version of Local that was built very differently from newer versions of Local. If you’ve installed a version within the last year, you likely don’t have classic. This help doc has more info about Classic as well as migrating to the latest version of Local if you are running the older version:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.