[MacOS] Firefox stuck on .local after deployment. Safari works well

Issue Summary

Firefox forces .local instead of .it domain. Safari does not encounter this issue.

Troubleshooting Questions

• When I setup this site in Local I assigned it the .it domain. Afterwards, I switched it to .local in order to compare both the live and the local version. The part I can’t get my head around now is that when I use Safari and visit [mysite].it it correctly redirects to the live version, but in Firefox it takes me to [mysite].local, so it is a Firefox issue.

Any ideas on what may be wrong? I use firefox for a particular plugin.

System Details

• Local v. 6.4.2

• MacOS BigSur 11.6.7

Sounds like a Firefox redirect caching issue, @francofx2.

Try this:

1. Open a new tab.
  2. Open DevTools (Ctrl+Shift+I), click there “Network” tab and make sure that the “Disable Cache” checkbox is checked
  3. Keep DevTools open, but go back to the new tab that you opened and visit your [mysite].it site
  4. If it’s a redirect caching issue, you should now be seeing the right thing, and can now close DevTools (you may want to uncheck the box again beforehand, but I keep that checked during development).

That said, it’s probably not a great idea to use the .it domain for local development, as that is the top-level domain for Italy. You could experience some odd results doing so.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey Burt, thanks for the reply.

The “disable cache” checkbox did it, now it takes me to the correct place. I’ll keep looking on how to permanently disable this redirect.

Thanks!

You should only need to do it once. The cached redirect should be removed from the browser by following those steps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.