Missing image and gallery blocks

What issue or error are you experiencing? When developing a new page, image and gallery blocks don’t appear to be available.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @masterscuba - thanks for using Local!

I’m not sure I understand the issue you’re experiencing. Can you offer more details on the issue? Screenshots would be helpful! Additionally, info about your machine, the version of Local you’re using, and the configuration of your site (PHP version, database and web server version) can help us try to reproduce.

Machine: 2023 Mac Mini (M2), 32 gig ram (os) Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 2.37.01 PM.png
Ventura 13.5

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 2.38.18 PM.png

When creating/modifying a page (not a post) here are the only blocks that are available (other than embeds):

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 2.40.59 PM.png

Please note that “image” and “gallery” are not offered.

However: If i were to edit the template: image and gallery are available.

Thank you.

Paul

@masterscuba

What theme/builder are you using?

Twenty-twenty-three

I’m thinking something corrupted the file during Live Link use. Everything is as it should be if a new site file is opened.

I just created a brand new site on mine and was able to see these:

Shared with Zight

Was this a brand new site you created or one that you had been working on for awhile or imported from elsewhere?

I wonder if you try wiping the theme and reinstalling it if that would resolve this?

Yes,that’s what I found when I tried a new site. All blocks showing available. Original work (that ran into this trouble) was/is an effort to update an existing blog to also show some art. I don’t mind recreating the pages for art display but I am a little concerned about starting over. Last night (true, I was tired:)! I downloaded another copy from the live site using Migrate Lite but couldn’t get Local to import it. Kept giving me an error message. Will try again today.

Thank you for the details! Keep us posted on further imports and errors. If you’re getting an error like incompatible zip file it might be that the full site export is including some things that are confusing Local. Not always the case but these could be things like extra site backups, extra DB backups, etc

Thanks, Nick. I’ll check that out.

Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.