Mysql dump failed and lost all

Issue Summary

While working on theme builder, just saved the changes. Which crashed the local and mysql database dump failed. Now in local/app/sql folder has one file named “local.sql.tmp” with zero size.

Troubleshooting Questions

  • Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Only one site was running. And it happened to it. The stopped site has no impact.

  • Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Not tried, but it’s possible.


Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

Not sure how to recreate. But this happened while developing theme and content pages. Local just crashed and mysql dump failed.

System Details

  • Which version of Local is being used?
    version 6.6.0+6231

  • What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

    • For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      Windows 10 pro
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

I see a mysql folder inside “AppData\Roaming\Local\run\FimBHLCWn\mysql\data”.

Can this be relinked to the site? Lots of work will be saved if yes…

If I remove local/app/mysql/local.sql.tmp of zero size and restart the site, will it take the actual mysql/data folder data and load them…???

Update: I did this action. But it’s not working. I opened shell and tried to perform mysqldump. But it says unable to connect to mysql server. Error shows port 10061 even if --port=10013 given in mysqldump command.

Any help will be appreciated…

Following helped me retrieve data.

  1. stopped the site1
  2. created site2
  3. after first run, stopped site2
  4. copied mysql/data folder from site1 to site2
  5. copied public folder from site1 to site2
  6. started site2, logged to db and changed the url in wp_options to site2
  7. downloaded export of db
  8. access site2…Error 404 Site Not Found!!!

Now even a new site created gives the same error.

Reviewed suggested posts in this forum, but not helpful.

Local team, please guide…

1 Like

After deleting all cache in appdata/remote/local folder and restarting machine, the error of 404 Site Not Found is gone.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.