New project: Unable to provision site Error

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hello, I have a question regarding the creation of a project. I go through the traditional process of entering the project name and other details, but encounter an issue when trying to load the project into Local. I consistently receive an error message: “Unable to provision site.”

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I’ve attempted to resolve the issue by modifying the security settings in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, following a tutorial video, but unfortunately, it did not resolve the problem. Additionally, I experimented with changing the Local settings in Preferences under Advanced router mode to localhost and turning on the “Show Develop menu,” but these adjustments proved ineffective.

I have also disabled the antivirus software, but the issue persists. My operating system is Windows 10. Could you please suggest any steps or solutions to help me overcome this obstacle? I appreciate your advice and have included the error message for reference. Thank you.

System Details

• Local Version:
    My version: Version 8.3.1+6650
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello @Krissy -

It looks like this error may be due to a special character in your Windows username.

Can you try creating and using a user directory without extended characters?

Thanks!

Sam

Hello @sambrockway
Thank you for your advice. I changed special characters, and now Local is working perfectly. Best regards Kristyna

Hello @Krissy -

So happy to hear that!

Happy Building,

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.