Not uploading media or css files Pushing to WP Engine

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Currently built a new site. Connect it to WP Engine.
Upon the first initial push there are no errors however, it does not
upload the images/media files. It also is not uploading the css files.

When I look at the network tag I see a 404 for one for the css files and 403 for the others.
The images also show a 403.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Create a new website. Connect to WP Engine. Push to WP Engine.

System Details

nginx
Php 8.1.9
MySql 8.0.16
WP Ver: 6.2.2

• Local Version:
    7.1.0+6396
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 11

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here ([Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log](
local-logs.zip (16.2 KB)
/))

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @ModernFX

Could you try closing out Local, rebooting your machine, resetting your API credentials and then trying again?

Do you have any other sites on WPE? Curious if the issue is happening on other sites or just with this specific site.

After that if the issue is the same can you provide us a fresh Local Log to compare? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. It is a permission issue. Upon further inspection the css files and the images all were there however for some weird reason it uploads with improper perrmissions and thus prevents accessing the css and image. I deleted the the files uploaded by Local and FTP the files and all was fine.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got things fixed up! Thank you for letting us know. If you find that this issue persists on different sites or this same site keep us posted!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.