Path problem while installing and with node - Warning! Missing hosts entry

Hi there,

I was installing Local by Flywheel and already got an error while installing cause the Virtual Machine could not be accessed because it could not be found (Path error). I run it manually and installed it. After I completed the whole installiation of LFW it was trying to execute node-x64.exe but I got a path-error message:
(German) “c:\users\torsten\appdata\local\programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\extraResources\node\node-x64.exe konnte nicht gefunden werden. stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie den Namen richtig eingegeben haben und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.”

The exe-file couldn’t be found. I have no idea why and how to solve this. Problem is that the hosts entries could not be completed and therefore wordpress is not running.
I already tryed to turn off the firewall and any virus-defender, but this did not help.
I also have administrator privileges.

Any ideas would be very helpful as I was not able to find a similar problem on the web.

many thanks
Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Sorry to hear about these issues - could you please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

I’d be happy to take a look to see if I can spot any further detail that would point to a root cause here.

local-by-flywheel.log (51.9 KB)
Hi, please see attached.

kind regards, Torsten

Hey @Richi400

Could you try disabling your anti-virus, and then reinstall Local? The node-x64.exe file may have been quarantined during an update or install.

Let us know if that works!

Hey jkiley,

there was no anti-virus software installed nor active while installing. The node-x64.exe is also still where it should be (I checked the path) - only problem is that flywheel is not able to find it. :confused:

kind regards
Torsten

Hey @Richi400 aka Torsten!

Troubleshooting something like this is kind of tough since it only seems to be affecting a handful of users.
I did come across this article, that looks like this can happen from time to time with Windows apps.

If you start at the part that says "2. Re-register Windows 10 Apps"

Can you let us know if that fixes it for you?

Hey, thanks for your support!

…but I am using Windows 7 :smiley: …could this be the problem?
I have also a machine running windows 10. I will try it there too.

kind regards
Torsten

Anything is possible @Richi400

Let us know how it goes when trying to use Windows 10!