Permalinks Wordpress

Hi,

I know that the support doesn’t deal with Wordpress issues but maybe someone would be able to answer me.
I’m working on pages on Wordpress and I’d like to know which permalink is the right and proper structure to set up:

• /%category%/%postname%/
    or
  • /%postname%/%post-id%/

I’ve searched on the web but it’s not really clear for me which option is the best to choose.

Thank you very much, have a nice day. :sunglasses:

I believe the most popular permalink structure these days is simply /%postname%/ :slight_smile:

There’s not really a “right” or “wrong” option as long as you’re not using the “plain” option.

Hi Clay,
Thank you for your answer.
What do you mean by “the plain option”?
I previously used /%postname%/ just as you said but it doesn’t seem to work and to be saved when added: the page appeared as nothing has been changed and the personnalized structure was empty when I went on permalinks settings later. That’s why I’ve been using the two others structures I mentionned.

I’m a bit lost…:disappointed: What should I do ?
Thank you once again.
:slight_smile:

The plain option looks something like: domain.dev/?p=1

It’s one of the options under Settings » Permalinks.

OK Clay, thank you very much.
I’m not used to using the plain options anyway.

Have a nice day. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Hi there! :grinning:

I’d like to know if the new version is bug free: too afraid to loose data or that my sites are not running properly.
What’s new in the new version?
And is live link (awesooooome feature!!!) is still there in the new version?

Thank you for your answer.

Have a cool day!!!:sunglasses:

Hi @mar,

We have a large amount of users on Local 2.0+ :slight_smile: . As always, we recommend exporting your sites prior to a major upgrade to make sure your data is safe.

Live Links are still in Local 2.0. :smiley:

Hello Clay,

Do you mean I’d better run my sites on the new version? It is safer?

I’ve got another question, maybe it will seem silly but it’s interesting for me to know.
On my sites, I’ve changed several times of permalinks names. Does it have consequences and do I have to use a redirection plugin before sites are on line?
Or the redirection issue is just when your site is already online and when you change permalinks names?
I don’t know if I am very clear…:thinking:
Thank you