Please help - Error Uh-Oh! , it ran into a hiccup

I’ve checked and researched here for about 2 or 3 hours, nothing has helped.

I DL’ed latest version and have v5.2.28 of VM.

But still getting the error message Uh-oh! We ran into a hiccup when trying to start the local machine.

Error setting up host only network on machine start. The host-only adapter… etc., etc.

You might want to uninstall it and reinstall at least version 5.0.12.

I’ve got Local on another machine from about a year ago and it works fine, never had a prob.

But on my laptop, arg!!

Please help, thank you.

I had a similar problem with the ‘hiccups’…

I had to reinstall Local by Flywheel and then lift VirtualBox, had som trouble with getting the sites up and running again but after a computer restart the worked again.
(see Oracle VM VirtualBox update 6.0.6 killed Local By Flywheel for my troubles)

Thank you very much, I will try down grading my VB version and see if that will work.
Of course, will uninstall all, reinstall and then reboot. :slight_smile:

Np, but it is some weirdness going on…
As in the other thread; another user has it working with VirtualBox 6 on Mac and I have upgraded to 5.2.28 without problem.
I have thought a bit about it and it might be that if you upgrade and some part of Flywheel is up and running it will fail.
When I upgraded, I did so after a computer reboot without having started Flywheel.
That’s my best guess… :wink:

Hey Bob! Welcome to the community!

Let us know how it goes after the reinstall! I definitely recommend a restart if you’re running into this issue, as sometimes VirtualBox has trouble reloading the correct drivers after the update.

Hi!

I have done every thing I have found in this support forum regarding this issue yet I still having hard time geting my local machine bac. I had to finish my work at the end of this week and present it to my client but I can no longer acces my site. I amjust tired trying (for 2 days) fixing this. I really need some help please!!!

VBoxSVC.log (19.2 KB)
VBoxSVC.log (19.2 KB)

Yes, that is very strange.

Thank you again for your input.