Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error

Howdy!

Just trying to find a plugin to do live filtering of WooCommerce products by category. Wanted to try The Post Grid but on actiavtion I get the fatal error. I have the entire site folder set to Everyone (Full Control). The error seems to be related to the use of the Composer addon for PHP. I did some searching about using that within Local but had no luck

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Warning : require_once(G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-content\plugins\the-post-grid\app./…/vendor/autoload.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-content\plugins\the-post-grid\app\RtTpg.php on line 13

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-content\plugins\the-post-grid\app./…/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-content\plugins\the-post-grid\app\RtTpg.php:13 Stack trace: #0 G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-content\plugins\the-post-grid\the-post-grid.php(31): require_once() #1 G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-admin\includes\plugin.php(2318): include_once(‘G:\WordPress\th…’) #2 G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-admin\plugins.php(192): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘the-post-grid/t…’) #3 {main} thrown in G:\WordPress\thornebottom-farm\app\public\wp-content\plugins\the-post-grid\app\RtTpg.php on line 13

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Install the linked plugin, choose activate.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 7.2.1+6433
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 10 up-to-date

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning.log (65.4 KB)

Thanks for any help, will be trying alternative plugins for now or may be forced to staging site if I can’t find a solution for Local.

Chris

Hi @clubside

I just tried installing this on a test Local site and was able to get it loaded and activated without any errors:

I’m on a MacOS however and see you’re on Windows 10. It seems like it’s running into some permissions problems on your machine. You might have to check manually if your machine has open permissions for those files/folders and if any other security protocols are getting in the way.

Hey @Nick-B

I understand you’re on macOS so you may not have an answer but I have no idea what other security settings to even look for. Like I wrote I have set Full Control to the Everyone account on all files and folders for the Local site folder. That unix path .:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear is awfully suspicious but also seems irrelevant. The error line

require_once __DIR__ . '/composer/autoload_real.php';

could it be having a problem building that path? The file is definitely there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.