Problems after installing two theme updates

Recently I have had some problems while updating a theme of plugins on Local. Site down for maintenance it showed several times.

This afternoon it happened again. I have 6 sites in my Local environment. None of the sites could be opened anymore. Restarted Local a couple of times. Restarted VirtualBox. And now all sites can be opened. Except for the site I was updating.

This is the error message:

Warning: require_once(/app/public/wp-content/plugins/thrive-visual-editor/plugin-core.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/thrive-visual-editor/thrive-visual-editor.php on line 12 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/app/public/wp-content/plugins/thrive-visual-editor/plugin-core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear') in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/thrive-visual-editor/thrive-visual-editor.php on line 12

Is it possible to go back to the last working instance? Or can you give me other tips on how to recover the site I have been working on? Really hoping I haven’t lost everything.

I am working on a macbook.
Webserver: nginx
PHP version 7.1.7
MySQL: 5.6.37
WordPress: 4.9.5

Hi Johan,

Sorry for the trouble!

Fortunately, I don’t think there’s anything to panic about here. Here’s what you can do to resolve the issue:

1. Remove the .maintenance file if it exists. See my posts in this topic on how to do that: Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute
  2. Browse to the site’s app/public/wp-content/plugins folder and remove the thrive-visual-editor plugin folder
  3. Download the latest version of the Thrive Visual Editor plugin from Thrive Themes
  4. Extract it into app/public/wp-content/plugins
  5. Test the site

Hi Clay,
Thank you for the quick response. Good to hear there is some hope left :wink:

I will dive into this and let you know whether it worked.

Best regards,

Johan

Thank you very much Clay! That worked. Fortunately I have not lost a lot of changes.

What would you recommend with regards to doing updates? One of the reasons to use Local for me is to test new updates. But if I get these issues more often it would be a shame.

Best regards,

Johan