Problems Installing or Updating the ToolSet Types Plugin

I am seeing a consistent problem when using Flywheel Local.

When I get a notice of the ToolSet Types plugin and I click to do the update, it would appear that the server is timing out before the update finishes.

I see the same thing when installing ToolSet Types into a new site for the first time.

The update will barf this error in Chrome (since you can’t use Edge as a default browser and launch from the Flywheel Local app):

“Update Failed: Local Router Error blockquote { margin: 10% 25%; width: 50%; } body {font-family: arial,sans-serif} img { border:none; } Local Router Error Our apologies for the inconvenience. The Local router is not able to connect to the site you requested. We suggest you try the following: Restart Site - Go to the Local by Flywheel app and restart the site you are attempting to access. Contact us - If the issue persists please contact us.”

The install fail message is pretty much the same text.

Both seem like the connection between the browser and Chrome are timing out before the server is done with the installer/updater.

IF … you wait a few minutes (3 or 4) BEFORE you re-launch the site admin from Flywheel Local then the install will have finished or the update will have finished.

So it appears that the WordPress install and update are actually still running in the background.

During the update you will see a message in Chrome that the server is down for maintenance, but on a fresh install you will simply not see the plugin.

If you try to install it again, it will fail with the “Directory Exists” error (as would be expected).

I’m not sure where the timeout problem is (Chrome or the web server), but it is definitely reproducible 100% of the time.

I suspect that it has to do with the fact that ToolSet Types is a BIG plugin that takes longer than most do to install.

But this is really annoying (especially since the ToolSet Types plugin is updated often) and it would be nice to have it fixed.

I hope this information helps.