Recover corrupted/lost database?

Issue Summary

Started up a site this morning, that was working fine last night, and was met with the good ol “error establishing database connection”. When I try and go to adminer to check on the database, I get this message:

How would I go about fixing this?

Troubleshooting Questions

  • I did a windows update last night, but I have other sites using local, that still work fine. So I am a bit confused.

System Details

  • Which version of Local is being used?

  • What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 10 Pro

  • Attach the Local Log.
    local-lightning.log (1.0 MB)

Have an update here.

I was able to get a new copy of the site up and running with the sql file from the old one and everything appears to be ok. Super odd that it just randomly stopped working in the original install. Still would be interested to learn what exactly happened here.

What probably happened is that the Windows update happened when the Local site was running and something was corrupted in the process.

I don’t think this is something that we can replicate easily, but for example, when I tried to open that Local log you provided, it looks like some crazy things were dumped to the open file:

Probably best to just keep using the site you restored and pretend this didn’t happen :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.