Restore site from Cloud Backups gives Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Interface

I am working on two computers and backed up my sites with the Cloud Backups add-on through Google Drive.

On the second computer I choose ‘Create from a Cloud Backup’ and selected the site I wanted to import.

After hitting the WP Admin or Open site button it gives the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Interface “Psr\Cache\CacheItemPoolInterface” not found in C:
followed by a list of the plugins of that site.

Tried this with several sites.

Did I miss something?

Hi @henkvz

If you use Open Site Shell, and then deactivate plugins via WP-CLI, are you able to get in? (wp plugin deactivate --all)

As an alternative you could export the site from Machine 1 into a zip file, and then send that over to yourself through email or upload to a Cloud Drive and then manually import it into Local.

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

I’m not working with Open Site Shell at the moment, but I’ll give it a try.
The command is: wp plugin deactivate --all ?

Yes, ZIP-file is a possibility, but I hoped the Cloud Backups would work. Is a bit easier to handle.

Yes that command will deactivate the plugins on the site so if one or more of them are contributing to the fatal errors you’ll hopefully be able to get into the site with those deactivated.

It says critical error in the Open Site Shell after trying to disable the plugins.

I tried other sites, but they all give the same problem.

Hey @henkvz – The error seems to be related to some sort of composer autoloader problem.

What’s the exact command that was used to deactivate the plugins? It might be a good idea to include the --skip-plugins and --skip-themes flags to the command. So for example, can you try:

wp plugin deactivate --all --skip-plugins --skip-themes

That should tell WordPress to not use any plugins or themes when deactivating the plugins.

From there, I’d try re-activating the plugins so that any plugins that do rely on the composer autoloader are able to re-link things on the file system of the new computer.

1 Like