Set_time_limit() disabled

Issue Summary

Migrate DB Pro is giving me a message about a required function being disabled when using Local with PHP 8.

PHP Function Disabled — The set_time_limit() function is currently disabled on your server. We use this function to ensure that the migration doesn’t time out. We haven’t disabled the plugin however, so you’re free to cross your fingers and hope for the best. You may want to contact your web host to enable this function.Your current PHP run time limit is set to 1200 seconds.

Rolling back to PHP 7.4 doesn’t have the same issue but I don’t want to be rolling sites back every time I need to make a migration.

Considering how many devs migrate their local installs to dev or production sites I think having this function disabled is a poor choice for a default setting. I’d like to know how to disable it — across all sites ideally rather than repeat the process one install at a time.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    It’s reproducible on any install.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes, but N/A to the issue

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

• move any install to PHP 8

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.4.0+5927

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      MacOS 12.4
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This is still an issue on 6.4.1+5978. Can I please get an acknowledgement?

Hi @michaelegan! I found a relevant link here: set_time_limit() on wordpress | WordPress.org

One of the plugin devs mentioned that this may be an ignorable warning if the migration is still working.

There shouldn’t be anything on our side causing this, so if it is still an issue you may want to check your browser console or error logs to check for any other conflicts.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.