Setup or clone hangs while "Provisioning MySQL"

Since December when I first installed, I have been having the following issue:

Whenever I install or clone a site onto my secondary haddrive (internal) or any external drive/memory, the setup process just hangs on “Provisioning MySQL”.

No error message, it just seems like it’s still busy - but even after several hours the created folder size remains at 34kb.

It works fine when installing a site in a folder on my main boot disk.

Mine keeps hanging too. :frowning: I’m at the point of trying Local out. If I can’t get it to create a single site, my next search will be ‘How to get rid off Local by Flywheel?’

Sorry, I can’t be of help, but I didn’t want to create another threat as it seems the same issue.

For now it’s best to use your primary Mac volume.

@crs1138

Can you please provide your log file? You can find it by going to Help » Reveal Local’s Log.

local-by-flywheel.log (48.3 KB)

It looks like the import process for the image failed so I would recommend doing the following:

1. Quit Local if it’s running
  2. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/ and remove the whole Local by Flywheel directory as long as you didn’t have existing sites that were working
  3. Open VirtualBox.app
  4. Power off and remove the local-by-flywheel VM
  5. Re-open Local

Step 4: ‘Remove only’ vs ‘Delete All Files’?

Delete All Files

It keeps hanging on ‘Provisioning MySQL’, unless I quit LOCAL, then restart it, but then I end up exactly where I was when I wrote on the forum.

Very sorry for the trouble!

Can you provide your log file again?

Sure, here it is…local-by-flywheel.log (67.8 KB)

Btw. I left the web starting, while I went out of the office and it still has not started (4+ hrs)

bump!
Anything happening? My problems persist…

Unfortunately it looks like Docker is consistently failing to import the Local image and is having issues with the Docker Machine on your computer.

I wish I had a better answer but we’ll continue looking into this!

Ok, I shall wait with the uninstall as it’s only fair to give you a chance to fix this. Have you got any idea how long this might take?

BUMP! Any news or still ‘looking into it’? :wink: