- mysql service is spewing out errors, and can not start
- The error does not exist when using MySql 5.7.
- I have reinstalled Local
- I have tried it on existing sites that worked fine in Fedora 38
- I have tried adding a fresh site, it still does not work
- I have run a fresh, clean install of Fedora 39 in a VM, and it fails there as well. It’s a bit different though, but still related to the MySQL service
- I have tested it with a VM and Fedora 38, and there Local works fine.
If anyone knows a solution or quick fix, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Install Fedora 39 on your machine, or in a VM
- Install the latest Local release
- Just add a new site in Local and start it, or start an existing site, and the error will pop-up.
- Local Version:
- Operating System (OS) and OS version:
- Fedora 39
- I am using docker for other development need, but during testing no containers were running
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.