Trouble with Database & Connect for WPE imports

I am new to Local and downloaded the latest version (5.2.1) and used Connect to log in to my WPE account. I was able to pull in several of my sites, but on others there would be an error when importing and essentially no database would import with an error “Uh-oh! We ran into an issue when pulling from WP Engine” (see screenshot from another install). I would then do an sql export of that database from WPE and then import it into Local. Once I got things connected, there seems to be some issues. I have attached some screenshots of what I see on the homepage and when I visit the /wp-admin page. I am not sure where the disconnect is. Any thoughts?

Hey @b.riesgo

It looks like the Local version that’s being used is 5.2.1. We’ve fixed a number of bugs in the most recent versions of Local. Can you try updating to the most recent version of Local? You can get the most recent version from the Releases category here in the Forums:

http://local.getflywheel.com/community/c/releases?u=ben.turner

Can you try pulling again with the most recent version? If you do run into issues, can you please provide your Local Log? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Thanks!

Hi @ben.turner , I pulled the most recent update and deleted the site in question. I then proceeded to pull it via Connect for WPE and occurred the exact same issues as I posted above. I am attaching my log file. local-lightning.log (48.2 KB)

I can confirm this is still happening. I actually just installed Local 5.2.3+2248 and ran into the same issue.

1 Like

Adding onto this - not working.

1 Like

I also have this issue. I keep getting this error when pulling “Uh-oh! We ran into an issue when pulling from WP Engine.” and then the sites just gives a lot of errors like this:

1 Like

Same problem here with the latest version 5.2.3+2248. I attached my log file here. local-lightning.log (145.8 KB)

EDIT:
I thought I had the latest version, got the latest 5.2.4+2399 and now I was able to pull the site but I still have those warnings regarding /mu-plugins/wpengine-common/

1 Like

Also have the same issue as well, seems specific to WP-Engine and possibly MacOS. Any attempt to pull meets with a generic error, with the database unable to be found.

1 Like

I am also having this problem in version 5.2.5+2498 on macOS 10.14.6.

2 Likes

Why nobody from the team reply? When the issue will be fixed? wp-engine forces using this service, but it simply doesn’t work…

1 Like

It doesn’t even seem to ONLY be an issue with the WPE Connect feature. I have also tried pulling a backup from WPE and loading the site files / database manually into Local and I get the same errors. But yes, it is frustrating that there is no communication from their team on this issue and if steps are being taken to fix it.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem. Still haven’t been able to get this to work for wpengine sites. Just an “Uh-Oh” message and a broken site. Is anyone from Local or wpengine trying to fix this?? Not a good experience.

1 Like

@ben.turner Any news on fixes for this problem?

Hey all,

We’re actively looking into the pulling issues with WP Engine and DevKit imports.

If possible, please provide your local-lightning.log files. This will help us track down the common denominator(s).

1 Like

local-lightning.log

Your link to information about local-lightning.log 404s

1 Like

How do I retrieve Local’s Log?

1 Like

@clay This is the only entry in the log file with the level error

{"thread":"main","class":"DevKitService","message":"Error: autoload.sql not found for site\n    at DevKitService.<anonymous> (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/devkit/DevKitService.js:1:13778)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at _0x3027cb (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/devkit/DevKitService.js:1:3111)","level":"error","timestamp":"2020-03-03T18:31:07.401Z"}
1 Like

local-lightning.log (367.9 KB)

1 Like

Just chiming in here. Same issues here. Haven’t been able to pull, I get that error or it just runs forever. I have tried 3 - 4 times now. It would be useful if we can get it to work! Thanks.

1 Like

Here is my loglocal-lightning.log (862.4 KB)

1 Like