"Uh-oh! Unable to provision site" on Mac using Local 5.2.3

Hello,

I just installed the new Local version 5.2.3 and was previously using local by flywheel on my Mac running macos ver. 10.11.6. I uninstalled the old version as per the docs and reinstalled Local Ver 5.2.3 and when i try to create a new site it gives me “Uh-oh! Unable to provision site.”. And the following error

Error: Error: Command failed: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+3/bin/darwin/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=/Users/yosefeliezrie/Library/Application Support/Local/run/B4AC5Uhm-/conf/mysql/my.cnf --initialize-insecure
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+3/bin/darwin/bin/mysqld (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+3/bin/darwin/bin/mysqld (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:308:12)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:203:13)
at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:476:20)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
at Socket. (internal/child_process.js:430:11)
at Socket.emit (events.js:203:13)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:476:20)
at Pipe. (net.js:588:12)

Any ideas on how to fix this. i have tried creating just a test site with the defaul settings and right after provisioning it gives the errror and than when i press ok it asks me to put in my mac password to allow something on local

Any ideas
Thanks
-Yosef

Thanks

Having the exact same problem. Totally new to this.
Thanks,
Blake

Same! Read the last thread about this and tried all the things… Help!

looks like this:
Error: Error: Command failed: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+3/bin/darwin/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=/Users/Ash/Library/Application Support/Local/run/j0XoojJrC/conf/mysql/my.cnf --initialize-insecure
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:308:12)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:203:13)
at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:476:20)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:430:11)
at Socket.emit (events.js:203:13)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:476:20)
at Pipe.<anonymous> (net.js:588:12)

Exactly the same here w/ Local 5.2.4 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 both when creating a new site (using custom or default settings, no difference) or importing an existing site from Local 3.x

local-lightning.log (26.3 KB)

Try setting up your sites with MySQL DB v5.7.x rather than v8.0.x and see what happens.

thanks but tried it with MySQL 5.7.x already.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.