Uh oh! Unable to start site. Can't connect to mysql server

Uh oh! Unable to start site.

I don’t know what to do

System Details

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displaye

Hi @Ahfuye

You might want to start here:

Afterward, check if you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local.

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

Additionally, check if you running other developer applications simultaneously. That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

I’ve got the same problem. I’ve already fixed the first step. But How can I do to check about the anti-virus?

Hi @Mike4!

Is this your personal machine or one provided by an employer? If it’s Windows and you’ve already checked native security functions then that might not be the issue unless you’ve installed any additional security or firewall applications.

Could you provide some more details if you’re still having trouble?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

This is my personal machine. I am using Windows 10
I download Local 7.1.2

I have zipped the log file but it’s still too big

Here is my local’s host. I’ve 2 local-lighnings. I attached both just below:

local-lightning.log (61.4 KB)
local-lightning-verbose.log (247.4 KB)

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Does the site work if you change your Router Mode?

I have installed Wampserver on my machine

That could be causing a conflict potentially. You might need to try changing your Router Mode or addressing any port conflicts using the details from the help article above.

Is the Database host supposed to be the same than the site host?

If you go up under your site name and click on Open Site Folder > App > Public are all of your WordPress files displaying? It’s almost like your wp-config has been wiped out or relocated.

If you create a new, blank site is it the same thing?

I’ve checked all the different settings mentioned in the Router Mode document namely and I have now access to the WP Admin dashboard.
Thank you so much for you help.

1 Like

Glad to hear it @Mike4! Thank you for sharing and Happy Developing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.