Unable to install and uninstall localwp, please help!

Issue Summary

I’m new to localwp. I download the latest version local 5.10.5 for windows. I run the .exe. During the installation, I didn’t use the default folder, but chose to install in C:\Program Files\Localwp. The installation went till the end successfully. At the end, I clicked run local, but it said it couldn’t locate the file .exe. It generates a shortcut on the desktop, i clicked it, a popup window says can’t find the file local.exe.
I checked the folder C:\Program Files\Localwp, the folder is empty, no file in it.
I checked in the windows settings > apps , local 5.10.5 is installed but I can’t uninstall it, it says windows cannot find C:\Program Files\Localwp\uninstall local.exe.
I tried to run the installation again, choosing to install for all the users for this computer instead of only for me, but half way of the installation it says “installation is aborted, local was not installed sucessfully”.

Now i can’t use it, i can’t reinstall it, i can’t uninstall it. What should I do? Please help me.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    local 5.10.5

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 10 Home

I have a very similar problem, I tried to install in another folder on a larger drive, not the default location. Now the installation aborts’ every time.
Did you find a solution to your problem?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.