Unable to update host file error - have tried all solutions in forum, UAC prompt for cmd failing?

I’ve gone through the entire process multiple times again. I’m still getting cannot update hosts file etc. From what I can tell from all this, and comparing it to the other computer, Local is failing to use CMD to edit the hosts file. The other computer generated the UAC prompt to grant cmd permission to make changes during website creation, my computer does not. Any idea how to fix this issue? Here’s more things I’ve tried:

• I made sure the hosts file security matched this video
  • Tried with UAC on always notify, default, and never notify with restarts between each
  • I tried Method 3 from this, linked to in yet another thread about this error
  • Replaced the hosts file with a new copy
  • I found this ticket, which sounds nearly identical to the issue I’m having, but I don’t have an associated program with .bat files as far as I can tell from checking, so that didn’t work to fix it. I even tried resetting all default apps and that didn’t work either.
    bat

In case it’s relevant that windows version on the computer it worked on is:
Win 10 Pro Build 19045

I found a picture in this thread of the UAC prompt that does not happen on my laptop:
68f1c6da7a1e5c8587825393b6acf037550130d7_2_690x431

My account is an administrator and admins have full control for the hosts file.