Updated Code Not Loading -- Only For Non-Logged -- Wordpress

Issue Summary

Local isn’t loading updated Wordpress code when viewing user logged out of site (one browser). When logged in (as WP admin for example), the new .php and .html loads as expected. When running in an incognito window, or logging out of the site entirely, or using another browser, it loads old code.

Troubleshooting Questions

I’ve only tested this one the one site. I’ve restarted Local, my computer, disabled cache, used other browsers, nothing helps. This issue happens regardless of the page.

Replication

Not sure how you can replicate this yourselves.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Version 7.0.1+6387

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

macOS Ventura

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Log attached:

local-lightning.log (61.2 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @willbeing

When you’re logged into the backend caching is disabled, so that might be where the disparity lies. It could be cached on the network instead of the browser.

There are some different things to try and get around network caching. Restarting your device, restarting the network router/modem, using a VPN connection, or adding a cache-breaking path to the end of the site that’s cached. Adding /? followed by any 4 random characters (/?1234 for example) will sometimes break the cache as well. You could also try connecting to a different network or using LTE data instead of WiFi to test.

It could also be that there is caching being generated within a plugin or theme that needs to be purged. This isn’t an exhaustive list, but it could give you an idea:

The Flywheel guide to clearing your theme/plugin cache

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.