Updating Plugins Fails after 2.0.1 Upgrade

Hey all,

2.0.6 is now available via auto-updater. Updating to 2.0.6 will bring in the fix in 2.0.5 for this issue.

Remember to restart any sites that had trouble updating plugins/themes/core.

Thanks @clay! Update notice appeared and went without a hitch. Able to update plugins and WP versions successfully with Faster Docker Volumes turned on. Only thing was when Local re-launched after the update, all my sites where ā€œstoppedā€. Would be awesome if they could remember which ones were ā€œstartedā€ prior to updating and re-enable.

Iā€™m sorry to say Iā€™m also in trouble : WP asked me to update two plugins (Duplicator & WP Cerber), I launched the process and it stops with the message ā€œDestination folder already existsā€ ā€¦
I tried to disable the Faster Docker but it doesnā€™t change anythings !
Any suggestion ?
(I have the 2.0.6 version)

Youā€™re not alone @MaF, Iā€™ve experienced this on a couple of sites as well, itā€™s not consistent. Some plugins update OK, and some, especially if they have sub folders give me that message about not being able to delete/remove files. Iā€™m using 2.0.6

1 Like

Still getting the error when I update some plugins:

Update Failed: Could not remove the old plugin.

Unfortunately it is intermittent. Iā€™m on version 2.0.6 using a MacBook Pro, running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Is there a particular log file I can get to you for troubleshooting ?

Hi Ginger,

Please see Plugins not updating locally

Thank you @clayā€¦I followed those steps and it works most of the time when updating plugins, but sometimes I still get message that the plugin folder was not deleted. For example, on Ninja Forms, every time it says Update failed: Could not remove the old plugin.

1 Like

Hi everyone, i have the same problem, without solutionā€¦ All my colleagues have too

Really hope this does it because it so breaks plugin to the point of hiding them from the admin while theyā€™re still within the directoryā€¦like itā€™s such an annoying/scary mess!

If anyone is still running into this issue please see Plugin / Theme updates fail when Faster Docker Volumnes ON

Yes, regardless of what I have the setting switched to, I always get plugins failing to update for me.

It seems to remove all the files but keeps the directories in tact and WordPress reports that it could not remove the plugin properly and to avoid errors itā€™s been disabled.

I am experiencing the issue still as well. I followed the instructions above to run scripts to change my permissions on MacOS Sierra, but it only seems to work for a short time, then I have to run them again. This is not following a restart since I donā€™t restart very often, so Iā€™m not sure what it is.

This issue has been consistent since I started using Local three months ago on macOS. This is a deal breaker and itā€™s hard to consider Local as a stable application. Back to olā€™ MAMP until this is fixed.

It is frustratingā€¦I too am still encountering this. Even after running the script in Terminal every day, it still fails on certain plugins when updating such as Ninja Forms or WooCommerce. I have to manually delete the plugin folder, and download new from the WordPress plugin repo.

Hey all,

2.2.0 (pre-release) is now available. It should resolve this issue: Local by Flywheel 2.2.0 (Pre-release)

Please let us know how FDVv2 works for you!

Hi

I have v2.2.4 (on MacOS) and I think this may still be an issue. I tried updating some plugins in the core updater screen and I got the message about not being able to connect to the Local Router, and Wordpress was stuck in maintenance mode. Turning off the Faster Docker Volumes and restarting brought it back to life.

Are there any logs I could post to help find the problem?

Thanks (itā€™s been brilliant so far apart from this one glitch!)

I am waiting for this its availability of DLO on my Asus laptop but in the updating of this on my laptop make me trouble that resolve by Asus Live Update which makes it easy for me.