Upgrade to latest version of Local and Failure to open site in WP

Issue Summary

I recently upgraded to Local 6.7.0+6354 and am no longer able to open the site in WP.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? I only have the one site in Local at this time I have been creating in preparation to migrate to a hosted environment.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No, cannot create and open a new site, get the same error trying to open WP-Admin from Local

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
This is the error message that comes up when launching WP-Admin after starting the site in Local.
Warning : require(C:\Users\pdboe\app\public/wp-includes/Requests/src/Autoload.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-http.php on line 11

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘C:\Users\pdboe\app\public/wp-includes/Requests/src/Autoload.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-http.php:11 Stack trace: #0 C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-settings.php(237): require() #1 C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-config.php(93): require_once(‘C:\Users\pdboe\…’) #2 C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘C:\Users\pdboe\…’) #3 C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-admin\admin.php(34): require_once(‘C:\Users\pdboe\…’) #4 C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-admin\index.php(10): require_once(‘C:\Users\pdboe\…’) #5 {main} thrown in C:\Users\pdboe\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-http.php on line 11

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? 6.7.0+6354

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? Windows 10 Pro

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

local-logs.zip (7.6 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi Flugger,
I had a similar issue with my Local WP where after upgrading to 6.7.0 a few of my websites disappeared.

I ended up downgrading to 6.6.1 (releases tab) and this immediately fixed the issue. I’ll wait until 6.7.1 before I attempt another upgrade. Downgrading may also fix the issue for you.

Hi @flugger84

You could try downgrading as @novus mentioned. We have a guide here that might help: Downgrade Local Version - Local

Thank you for the information. I did try to downgrade to version 6.6.1 from 6.7.0 and get the same error. It’s as if the configuration files that control the start of the WP application have been wiped out and are no longer available to be accessed.

Hi @flugger84

I noticed another Windows 10 user in here that was having similar issues and rolling back to 6.6.0 seemed to partially resolve this for them: 502 Bad Gateway All Wordpress sites - #4 by endeeguy

Otherwise, in order to refresh and start with a clean slate you could give the below steps a try:

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer.

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer.

• Install the latest version of Local on this link.

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if the issue still persists. If so, please provide us with an updated log. Retrieving Local’s Log File

Nick,

Thanks for your response. I am running the export of the site, but it has been running for almost an hour and the screens still shows the message Exporting SIte. How long should this process take and shouldn’t the system indicate it is completed?

Hi @flugger84 It definitely shouldn’t be taking that long to complete. Are you able to locate the site files manually and copy those? Or you could try using the plugin WP Migrate Lite as an alternative to create a full site export file.

I believe the issue is all the files are gone. For some reason, not sure how, the folders are empty for the site I am trying to recover. I had a small test site, that one is recoverable and the files are there. I guess I’ll just have to start all over. Thanks for your assistance.

@flugger84

Is your disk maxed out on space by chance? That could cause an issue.

For future sites and development, you may want to back all your work up using our Cloud Backups add-on. Cloud Backups - Local

Nick, no there is plenty of space. Not sure what happened, but will start over and see how it goes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.