Warning: Illegal string offset 'capabilities' in /Users/…/LOCAL/app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-roles.php on line *290*

Hi, since local update and Wordpress update, I have this fatal error and cannot acces to the site or admin >> Warning: Illegal string offset ‘capabilities’ in /Users/mikaelschireff/Desktop/LOCAL/app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-roles.php on line 290

//I find this topic with same problem but no solution >> Fatal error : Cannot access offset of type string on string in "class-wp-roles.php" on line 290

my skills are too limited and i don’t know what to do, i went back to an old version of Wordpress 5.8.3 and an older version of php 7.4.1, now i see my site but cannot access the admin , how can I do ?

Thank you for your help.

Getting the same issue. Seems to hage triggered it after trying to access /wp-admin via a live link.

Did you find a solution for this?

FYI: I ended up just creating a new site in Local and migrating files and db to the new site excluding the wp_options table as this seemed to have an entry cousing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.