Windows 11 performance, 2-4 sec TTFB loading pages

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Slow loading pure WP pages, about 2-4 seconds TTFB.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Xdebug is off, changing PHP config from this topi didn’t help: Optimizing Local "Lightning" performance on Windows 10

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 8.3.2+6660
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 11 Pro 23H2

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning.log (285.4 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

1 Like

Hi @kamilweb

Next you might try running through the other checks and recommendations from our help doc here:

1 Like

Hi @Nick-B ,
thanks for this but still not helpfull. I have fresh install Windows 11 Pro on new Dell G16 7630 laptop. I have same issues on secondary laptop with Windows 10.
On my pages I used Apache web server but when I use commands in CMD from this (What is Router Mode? - Local) tutorial, in port 80 I have nginx.exe - is it correct?

On the Performance Help doc I shared above did you review the Windows-specific recommendations?

As far as your processes I don’t believe it should have anything showing for NGINX. Can you try killing them?

What happens if you change your Router Mode? Does that make any difference?

What if you change your server type to NGINX instead of Apache?

@Nick-B

1. Yes, I done everything from this doc.
  2. I killed nginx.exe but it has back.
  3. & 4. Nothing, same problem.

Can u connect with me on AnyDesk/TeamViewer and check it self?

@kamilweb since Local is a free and popular product we don’t offer any priority support including virtual help but we’re still happy to continue assisting here.

If you create a new, blank site do you have the same issues there? Or does this just happen with a certain site or sites that you’re developing?

@Nick-B yes, I have same issues with new blank WP. Same problem on other laptop with Win10.

#edit
I noticed a difference between loading WP subpages (2 seconds and more) vs Mailpit and AdminerEvo (they are really fast):

Where does this come from?

#edit2
I have something! When I install WP with MySQL 8.0.16, pages loading in 0,2 sec. MariaDB 10.4.32 and 10.4.10 slow downs WP subpages… but why is this difference? I tested it with changing Router Mode and same results:

Hi @kamilweb

I’m not sure why the difference here but we’d be happy to look into it. Can you share your full Local Log with us and not just the lightning log? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering. Feel free to include one from each machine as well if you’d like.

@Nick-B ofc but I can’t see Support tab. Where is it?

#edit
Here:
local-logs.zip (82.5 KB)

I have similar problems - also Windows 11 and it happens even with newly installed WordPress.
I am attaching a screenshot - on both clean installations (from the LocalWP wizard) I have a similar configuration: PHP 8.2, Apache and of course a different database - one is MariaDB, the other is MySQL. I installed the QueryMonitor plugin and, for example, when I go from the Dashboard page to the Appearance page, I get the result as in the attached image…

1 Like

I have tested it in 2 others laptops: Dell Inspiron 7567 with Win10 Home 22H2 and Lenovo V17 G2 ITL with Win11 Pro 23H2 - same issues.

Lenovo:

Dell:

To clarify on all of these tests are you only seeing the slowness with MariaDB but if you switch to MySQL things pick back up?

@kasik Similar question. Are you noticing this primarily using MariaDB and Apache? What about MySQL and NGINX?

1 Like

Exactly. I have tested MariaDB on Apache and NGINX and same result. Only MySQL working correctly.

I have same results as @kamilweb on both configurations - Apache/nginx doesn’t metter…

Hi @kasik and @kamilweb

Just to update you, I did escalate this to our dev team, but they have been having trouble replicating the same behavior. We’ll continue to look into it and update you with any findings. If you come across anything else in your workflows or testing you feel like might be helpful feel free to update the thread :slight_smile:

@Nick-B additional I have infiite loading WP version:
obraz

and hidden options when I select Custom environment:
obraz

Is this something that just started? Usually, the infinite loading means Local is struggling to connect. Could you have another developer or security application that’s getting in the way?

@Nick-B nope, I have infinite loading from the beginning. I haven’t any antivirus - only Windows Defender.

#edit
The same as the message below from @kasik - only with Bedrock, but not with standard WP.

Infinite loading for me occurs when Bedrock is on board. For a standard installation I don’t have this problem. I suspect it may be a matter of setting the appropriate subdirectory, but I haven’t checked…